Friday, July 17, 2009

Feelings!!

Whenever I decide to stay home and exercize, I procrastinate and end up not working out or working out right before dinner. So that is what happened today. I didn't exercise until 5:30. And who says exercizing makes you feel better? Sometimes it does but sometimes it doesn't. Today, I was feeling okay and then I just got depressed. I heard a profound statement on the radio the other day. "Your thoughts create all your suffering." I believe that but I am not always aware of my thoughts. I don't know why all the sudden I felt down. Nothing has changed. I am use to using sugar to self medicate to try to feel better or not feel at all. I'm not doing that now so I just have to sit with the feelings. It is what it is. I don't have to feel okay every minute of every day. Do I? They're just feelings! They may be distressing, but they are not dangerous.
The other thing I need to learn is that I can go ahead and do something even if I don't feel like it. That is part of being a grown up. It sucks I know!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a good point - feelings are not dnagerous. They just are. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete